Maa Shakti, the Goddess of power is the complete incarnation of Adi Shakti, has three chief manifestations, as Durga, , as Mahakali, and as Goddess Gowri.
Story of Shaktipeeth
The Lord Brahma requested Maa Shakti to take human birth . Sati was born as a daughter of Daksha Prajapati and his wife Prasuti. In requesting the Goddess to take human birth, Brahma's design was that she should please Shiva with humble devotions and wed him. It was natural that Sati, even as a child, adored the tales and legends associated with Shiva and grew up an ardent devotee.
she started worshippinng shiva. So rigorous were her penances that she gradually renounced food itself, at one stage subsisting on one bilva leaf a day.After seeing her tough tapasya Lord Shiva was pleased and accepted her as a bride
Once her father daksha was promoted to head of Prajapati by lord Brahaman ( his father). He got too much pride and hosted a Yagya, in which he didn’t invite his daughter Sati and Lord Shiva as he was having grievences with Lord Shiva. When Sati saw the Planes going in the sky she asked her husband Lord Shiva about the planes. Lord Shiva told her all the story.
she became happy and sougth shiva permision to attend yagna,shiva first refuses,but Seeing her so much interest Lord Shiva allowed her to go and sent her ganas with her. Sati, being an uninvited guest, was not given any respect at the yajna. Furthermore, Daksha insulted Shiva. Sati was unable to bear her father's insults toward her husband, so she immolated herself.
Lord Shiva became very violent and took his Mahakal posture. He destroyed the whole Yagya and slaughtered the head of Daksha. But his anger was not still pacified. He lifted the dead body of Devi Parvati on his shoulder and started Tandav.
The whole of the world became terrified and all the gods went to Lord Vishnu and sought his help. Vishnu went there and he was also not able to pacify Lord Shiva. He then ordered His Chakra and chakra started chopping the parts of the dead body of Sati one by one.There were 51 parts in total made of the dead body and the places where these parts of body fell are recognized as the Shakti Peeths.
51 Shaktipeeths :
The below are the 51 shaktipeeth
1 Mansa Shakti-Peeth, Mount Kailash, Mansarovar,
2 Biraj, Utkal, Orisa- Naval- Vimla and Jagannath.
3 Banks of Gandika river, Pokhra, Muktinath temple of Nepal-
4 Bahula, banks of river Ajay at Ketugram, 8km from Katua, Burdwan, West Bengal-
5 Ujjaini shakti-peeth , Burdwan from Guskur station, 16km from West Bengal
6 Matabhadi mountain peak near Radhakishorpur village, Udaipur, Tripura-
7 Chatral, Chandranath mountan peak near Sita Kund station, Chintagong, Bangladesh-
8 Trisotra, Salbadhi village, Boda Mandal, Jalpaiguri, West Bengal- - Bhraamari shakti-peeth and Ambar
9. Kamagiri, kamakhya, Neelanchal mountain near Guwahati, Assam- - Kamakhya shakti-peeth and Umanand
10.Jugaadya, Kheergram, Burdwan, West Bengal- Jugaadya and Ksheer Khandak shakti-peeth .
11 Kali Peeth, Kali Ghat- Right toe- Kalika shakti-peeth and Nakuleshwar
12 Jayanti, Kalajor Baurbhag village, Khasi mountain, Jayantiya Pargana, , Bangladesh-- Jayanti and Kramadish
13 Kirit, Kiritkon Gram, Lal Bagh court road station, Mushirdabad, 3km from West Bengal- Crown- Vimla and Sanwart.
14.Manikanika Ghat, Kashi, Varansi, Uttar Pradesh- Earring- Vishalakshi & Manikarni and Kalbhairav.
15.Kanyashram, Bhadrkali temple, Kumari temple, Tamil Nadu- Back - Sarvani and Nimish
16 Kurukshetra, Haryana - Ankle bone - Savitri and Sthanu
17 Manibandh, Gayatri mountain near Pushkar, Ajmer, Rajhstan - two bracelets- Gayatri and Sarvanand.
18.Shri Shail, Jainpur village, 3km north-east of Sylhet town, Bangladesh- Neck- Mahalakshmi and Sambaranand.
19 Hingula or Hinglaj, karachi, 125km from Pakistan in north-east - Bramharandhra (Part of the head)- Kottari and Bhimlochan
20.Shakr rare, Krachi, Sukkar station near Pakistan,also,Nanina Devi temple, Bilaspur -Eyes- Mahishmardini and krodhish
21 Sugandha, Shikarpur in Bangladesh, 20km from Batisal, on the banks of Sonda river - Nose- Sugandha and Trayambak
22 Amarnath, Pahalgam, Kashmir - Throat- Mahamaya and Trisandhyeshwar
23 Jawala Ji, Kangda, himachal Pradesh - Tongue-Siddhida (Ambika) and Unmatta Bhairav
24.Jalandar, Devi lake near Chavani station in Punjab- Left breast- Tripurmalini shakti-peeth and Bhisan
25 Baidyanath Dham, Devoghar, Jharkand- Heart- Jayadurga and Baidyanath
26.Gujyeshwari temple, Nepal, near Pashupatinath temple - Both knees- Mahashira and Kapali
27 Prayag, Sangam, Allahbad, Uttar Pradesh- Fingers of hand- Lalita and Bhav
28 Kanchi, on banks of Kopai river, 4km in north-east, Bolapur station, Birbhum, West Bengal- Bone- Devgarbha and Ruru.
29.Kamlaghav, cave near banks of Sone river, Amarkantak, madhya Pradesh - Left buttock- Kali and Asitang.
30. Shondesh, Amarkantak, at the origin of Narmada, Madhya Pradesh- Right buttock- Narmada and Bhadrasen.
31. Ramagiri, Chitrakut, Jhasi-Manikpur railway line, Uttar Pradesh- Right breast- Shivani and Chanda
32 Vrindavan, Bhuteshwar Mahadev temple, near Mathura, Uttar Pradesh- Ringlets of hair- Uma and Bhutesh
33.Shuchi, Shuchitirtham Shiva temple, 11km Kanyakumari- Tiruvanatpuram path, Tamil Nadu -Upper teeth- Narayani and Sanhar.
34 Panchsagar, exact place not known - Bottom teeth- Varahi and Maharudra.
35.Kartoyatt, Bhawanipur village, 28km from Sherpur to Bagura station, Bangladesh -Left anklet - Arpana and Vaman
36 Shri Parvat, Ladak, Kashmir,also, Shri Shailam, Kurnul, Andra Pradesh - Right anklet- Shrisundari and Sundaranand
37.Vibhash, Tamluk, eastern Modinipur, West Bengal- Left ankle- Kapalini(Bhimarupa and Sarvanand
38. Prabhas, 4km Veraval station, near Somnath temple, Junagad, Gurajat- Stomach-Chandrabhaga and Vakratund
39. Bhairavapravta at Bhairav hills, banks of Shipra river, Ujjaini, Madhya pradesh- Upper lip- Avanti and Lambkarna.
40. Jansthan, Godivari river Ghati, Nasik, Maharashtra- Chin- Bhramari and Vikritaksh
41. Sarvshail/Godivaritir, Kotilingeshwar temple, Godivari river banks, Rajamudri, Andra Pradesh -Cheeks-Rakini or Vishwehwari and (Vatsnabh or Dandpani)
42 Birat, near Bharatpur, Rajasthan- Left toes- (Ambika) and (Amriteshwar)
43. Ratnawali, banks or river Ratnakr, Khanakul-Krishna Nagar, Hugli, West Bengal- Right Shoulder- Kumari and Shiva
44. Mithila, near Janakpur railway station, Indian and Nepal border- Left Shoulder- Uma and Mahodar)
45. Nahati, near Nalhati station, Birbhum, West Bengal -Bone of leg- Kalika Devi and Yogesh
46. Karnat, exact place is unknown- Ears- Jayadurga and Abhiru
47. Vakreshwar, banks of river Paphar, 7km Dubrajpur Station, Birbhum, West Bengal-Portion between the eyebrows- Mahismardinia and Vakranath
48.Yashor, Ishwarpuri, Khulna district, Bangladesh-Palms of hands and soles of the feet- Jashoreshwari and Chanda
49. Attahas, 2km Labhpur station, Bhirbhum , West Bengal -Lips-Phullara and Vishvesh
50. Nadipur,banyan tree in boundari wall, Sainthia railway station, Birbhum district, West Bengal- Neckalce-Nandini and Nandikeshwar
51. Lanka, exact place is unknown-Anklet-Indrakshi and Rakshaseshwara